Tuesday, January 18, 2022

2022 Character Creation Challenge - Day 18

It occurs to me that I have a barely-read hardback on my games shelf that needs some spine-cracking.


Dungeon Crawl Classics, DCC for short, is a grand game.  

Or so I have read, as I have yet to play it.  It has elements that have ended up in my personal houserules for 5e (Mighty Deeds), and elements that I want to incorporate (the entire magic system).

In all honesty, I should just run DCC games once time allows me to run games.  It is simpler than houseruling everything.

Being on a wizardly kick of sorts, here is another wizard, DCC-style.

Magic-Users come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, as the cover to this DCC adventure proves.

DCC is 3d6 in order.  No fudging, no rearranging, none of the Methods for AD&D.  Should be entertaining, if nothing else.  As I want to roll up a wizard, I'll be rolling sets until the Intelligence score is ... reasonable.

8, 12, 12, 12, 10, 9

16, 13, 7, 10, 11, 7 might make an interesting, if short-lived, fighter.

10, 6, 10, 16, 14, 11 the 14 in Intelligence is what I wanted.  It turns out this makes for a decent Elf, which is basically a fighter/wizard, so I'll shift over to an Elf, instead.  For names, I found a nifty one-page wizard-naming sheet in the OSR RPG Facebook group, but I don't have permission to share it.


Vyntralun the Judge of Crows, Wanderer, Survivor of Funnels, Chaotic Elf 1

Strength 10 - no adjustment

Agility 6 - -1 adjustment

Stamina 10 - no adjustment

Personality 16 - +2 adjustment

Intelligence 14 - +1 adjustment, +1 spell

Luck 11 - none; Seventh Son - spell checks

Current XP:  15     XP to next level 50

HP 4

AC 8?

Languages Known: Common, Elven, Goblin

Class Abilities: Infravision; Immune to magical sleep and paralysis; heightened senses; luck; languages; action dice

Spells Known (3): Charm Person, Ekim's Mystical Mask, Spider Climb

Original Occupation: Elven Sage

Equipment: Dagger, Parchment and Quill Pen, Adventuring Gear, Longsword, Leather Armor

Goals: master magic before it masters them.  Find peace without death.

-----






 

No comments: