Monday, January 3, 2022

2022 Character Creation Challenge - Day 1 (catchup)

While I have technically missed the start of the 2022 Character Creation Challenge, I'm not so far behind to make catching up impossible.

So here is PC 1, for the B/X game, because I do love that ruleset.


3d6 down the line; according to the rules, this PC qualifies for Dwarf, Elf, Fighter, Halfling, and Thief, with Prime Requisite xp bonuses further narrowing options to Dwarf (+10%), Fighter (+10%), Halfling (+10%), and Thief (+5%).  As an xp-lover, that still leaves me with three options, so I'll dice for class - and Dwarf it is.

Meet Snorri Ironfoot the Dwarven Veteran, Lawful Dwarf 1

S 16  +2 to hit, damage, and open doors

I 11 reads and writes native languages

W 11 normal magic-based saving throws

D 13 +1 to hit with missile weapons, -1 AC adjustment, +1 initiative adjustment

C 12 no adjustment to hit points

Ch 7 -1 adjustment to reactions, 3 maximum retainers, retainer morale is 6

Current XP: 0      XP needed for next level: 2200

AC 3

HP 6

Equipment: chainmail and shield, axe, crossbow, standard adventuring gear, a fancy top hat

Goal(s): to found his own clanhold, die gloriously, sample new root vegetables and mushrooms

Flaw(s): trusts people with beards, distrusts beardless people

This being a BX PC, I would be remiss to not use this excellent starting headgear table from BX Blackrazor, and if this were a home game, I would also use this excellent zodiac signs table from New Big Dragon Games (Snorri is a Cancer, btw).



 

No comments: