Thursday, June 30, 2022

Mail Call!

Back in February, I backed several Kickstarters.

They have begun to arrive, and I just want to share how awesome they are and how excited I am to make use of them!

Gig Economy by Colin Sproule

As the title and picture imply, Gig Economy is a book of retainers.  Products like this have been seen before, in the heyday of TSR with Rogue's Gallery and The Shady Dragon Inn, and elsewhere.  Aside from ruleset, Gig Economy's main difference lies in ease of use, through a nifty d20 mechanic, names, and short personalities.  

I've already made use of it in our most recent DnD session, and the players seemed to enjoy the NPCs.

-----

Through the Valley of the Manticore by Jacob Fleming, founder of Gelatinous Cubism Press

Though I missed his earlier kickstarter for the adventure In the Shadow of Tower Silveraxe, a print copy of it was an add-on I gladly added on.  While I have not yet gotten to use these (literally arriving yesterday), Jacob's reputation speaks for him, so I am confident it will be awesome.  If nothing else, they're an excellent model of what a published adventure should aspire to, format-wise.  

-----

Yes, this image is from the Bundle sale at Drivethrurpg.

Lastly is a trio of books by Courtney Campbell of the blog Hack & Slash.  I've been reading his blog for almost ten years, and have wanted to get print versions of these three compilations for some time.  As they were on sale at Drivethrurpg, I decided that the time is now, and am glad I did.  These also arrived yesterday, so all I have done is flip through them, but wow, fun and useful stuff, with the BECMI book being most immediately useful to me.  I took advantage of the bundle pricing and now have three fine hardbacks to add to my gaming shelf.

-----

I backed a few other kickstarters that are in various stages of readiness.  When they arrive, I will sing their praises, too.

No comments: