Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Inspirational Art

 Angus McBride is a noted artist in the realm of military history and fantasy.  His work is distinctive and its capturing of activities is what draws me in.  At some point a hardback collection of several pieces was printed, and immediately hit the realm of $60-$80+ on the collectible market.  

So I have gone without - until I checked it on a whim at Amazon, and found one for $20 and shipping.  I bought it without hesitation.


Now that it has arrived and I've gotten to flip through it, I am pleased.  This book is muchly reprints from the various military history books from Osprey Publishing, themselves a great series to own for the military historian, or just for the Game Master looking for art to explain something in game.

Speaking of games, there are two other collections of McBride's work.  The first is Legendary Beasts, illustrations from a magazine of yesteryear.  The second is all of the Tolkeinish artwork for I.C.E. MERP game (MERP deeper dive). 

Spend some time checking out the art and letting it carry your imagination away.  

It is well worth it.



No comments: