Thursday, March 24, 2022

March Gaming Updates

Another month, another round of Kickstarter adventures backed and funded.


Gig Economy - NPCs and lots of them

Caverns of Mourning - a megadungeon

DNGN Weird-Fantasy Megadungeon Zine - a megadungeon

Gods of the Forbidden North - note that as of this writing, there are seven days left for those wanting in; they've already exceeded their goals and the bits they've been providing backers are exciting.

It seems I have a strong preference for cool megadungeons I am unlikely to run.

I also backed the itch.io Trans Rights and Ukraine fundraisers.  I now have about 1200 games and supplements to sift through.  To be honest, I don't know that I will actually get to them.

Anyhow, I am excited to fund small games and then get things in the mail.  My next step is to dabble with Patreon, but only after taxes are paid.

Because, lord, do we owe this year!

In other news, my birthday brought me Magic cards and DnD-adjacent books - nonfiction (mostly) full of art and ideas worth porting into games.  Of these books, Dinotopia might be my favorite.  

My search for an image revealed several other books in this 'series.'  

Art, maps - to include of cities - NPCs, and all the rest are in this book.  It is exciting in a new way for me.  Of course, I am far from the first to notice this, as an entire RPG community has grown up around Dinotopia.  I foresee an expansion of the Ironguard world - just one unlikely to be discovered anytime soon.






No comments: