Friday, June 4, 2021

Mixed Feelings

A variety of things to write about, mostly focused on why I haven't posted much lately.  Regular readers may not care, but I do, so free therapy.

MekHQ and MegaMek have been eating lots of time.  I am running a full combined arms regiment at this point, so lots of minutiae and micromanaging in the name of entertainment.  It is still fun, but I keep increasing the optional rules, to self-moderate and make it more challenging.  In the name of 80% salvage, I fight through and crush all, not even bothered by potential salvage exploding from ammo and fuel tanks.

All the fights take time.  Thankfully, the latest release lets me shut off chase missions, which are ridiculous time sinks.  Even without chases, the battles take time.  

No guts, no galaxy and all that.

I got to play DnD this past week.  A buddy is running the Candlekeep Mysteries adventures, on a first-come, first-serve basis.  I was able to join for the second session.  From the way it played out, I suspect the intent was not needing to kill anything, but the random PC I chose (my buddy provided a handful for late/lazy players) was the Evil Bugbear Rogue, so death was a member of the party.  Murdering critters in their sleep made me feel a touch bad, but as a bugbear, that is kinda what they do.  

Anyhow, we had fun and solved the mystery (I think).  If I can join next session (schedules dictate yes or no), I will continue playing as Tumble the Bugbear Rogue.  Despite his murderous tendencies (he also likes to eat, or at least taste, everything he kills), I am enjoying the murderous bastard.

Other than that, I am solidifying my comprehensive house rules, reading, mapping, watching movies, and drinking too much.  The urge to write more is there, but peters out once I'm in front of a computer.  If it is laziness or apathy or true writer's block, I have no clue.




No comments: